Tuesday, March 18, 2008

FOOD, GLORIOUS FOOD!

Some recent pictures, well over the past few months of food at our house. I know weird, but kind of fun!


I think Graham has seen a few too many Goosebumps book covers! Look how he attacks that broccoli!! I have to say, that child loves his greens- can't go wrong with a kid that wants to have a whole broccoli bunch as his own special food- like a treat!

Oh notice the background TV shot- some kind of horror flick? This child is a, um, special kind! He really rawks!



Pancake Leprosy!

OK, don't get all PC on us, but we've had a running joke about leprosy in this house. Chris and Jack were trying to out-do each other one day by making up the best/worst leprosy jokes. So, when I presented Jack and Graham with these bear shaped pancakes I told them that I was sorry, but one of the bear pancakes had leprosy and his ear fell off.

















I baked a cake for Graham one cold night in January for our own special party because brother Jack was staying with the cousins (having a free-for-all guitar hero marathon, of course). I baked a super yummy, healthy applesauce cake and put it in a funky cake mold (a real pita to clean). But, then I found a recipe for buttermilk-Carmel topping. Oh my! Very delicious, but absolutely killed any healthy aspect to the applesauce cake!

































This funny Three Kings Cake was Graham's birthday cake! I did my usual "hit Cub's bakery clearance rack on birthday party day and see what might work out". Graham wanted this cake because he thought they looked like wizards! Jack also thought that they were Dumbledore, Gandalf and some other wizard I can't think of now~ Funny! I'm glad my kids don't really care- as long as it tastes good and looks bright and fun! Jack and Chris picked out a cake for birthday once off the clearance rack with a skier. They made him fall head first into the cake and gave it to me for my birthday! Perfect!

















Recently I fried up some fish for friends from Georgia- they thought that was quite cool to have fish that was caught through the ice!

We had sunfish and walleye that night~
The next week my dad gave me more fish- so I took a picture of the frying fish. Fresh fish are a treat for us because we don't fish; but the way Chris and Jack devour them I think they might need to start pulling some fish from the lake. Don't worry if you come to eat fish at our house, we won't cook up anything from Lake George or the Mississippi!

1 comment:

Lisa Zahn said...

Actually, both Lk. George and the Mississippi here in St. Cloud are said to be very clean bodies of water. The Miss. down south? Ew gross! But up here it's still very clean...

Lisa