Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Permission to SWEAR!

I went bowling on Saturday night with "the girls" from our family for the (we hope) First Annual NOhMANn Ladies night out.




A fabulous idea put together by my niece Megan!


However, I suck at bowling and should know better than to bowl when I've been trying to heal a herniated disc. But, oh no! I wouldn't stop, even after one round. I went right ahead with the humiliation into a second round. And, at the very last (the very, very last) roll of the night while everyone was watching and I was trying to at least get a higher score than my sister Lucy, I fell on my ASS! Yes! I did!

So, on top of sore hips, aching back already, I throw my back out right there for everyone at Granite Bowl to see. Remember the commercial "I've fallen- AND, I can't get up" ? Oh, my gawd, my sister Lucy tries to pull me off my ass and I'm telling her "NO!" you can't just pull me up, I've thrown my back out!"

So, I'm on my ass, I can't get up and all my sisters, et al are laughing at me and Amy dear is taking a picture of me while Lucy is trying to pull me up. What a disastrous end to a pretty, cool night! I get up there and start crying out of frustration, embarrassment and pain. What a dandy!

I went to the chiropractor yesterday and to my FP today for some muscle relaxants and my wounded pride (what little I have) is being restored little, by little.

So, I asked Chris and the boys everyday if I could have permission to swear! Sunday it was "crap" or "shit", yesterday I asked for "damn!"...today, can I say "Son of a Bitch"? I think after today, things will be looking up, so I won't ask for the "F'Nheimmer tomorrow, I promise.

SON- OF-A-BITCH!

1 comment:

Abra La Mente said...

Hope your back is feeling better. I wish I could have been there...not to see it or laugh at you, just to chill with the sisters. We had a nice time in Texas, however, so I guess it was worth the trade-off.