Thursday, October 30, 2008

How are ya'll faring with this election stuff?

I feel like I see a light at the end of the tunnel, but I'm just too darn scared to believe and get my hopes up after the last two debauched presidential elections. I still can't get over 2004 and how, oh how on god's green earth Dubya made it work his way again. But now, I'm even more scared, because Palin as VP makes no bones about wanting to push her weight around, whereas Cheney didn't let on so much that that was what he was doing. I don't know who is more dangerous, one with a public announcement of her agenda or the one with covert operations? They are both overzealous characters with one war happy at all costs; the other still wanting to be voted in as head cheerleader at the high school rally! What's up with winking at the camera and scrunchy up your nose acting as if somebody just told you Barak Obama has cooties? Nut cases at any rate!

I really believe in Obama and think he has the capabilities to unite us with the rest of the world again. If he gets in and he doesn't come through and totally falls back from his promises I will likely never vote again. I know that I shouldn't put all my hope on one guy, but I don't think I can get my hopes up again or believe in somebody ever again. We are all so down and need a country that we can believe in and I think Obama can deliver that. At this point in my life, I've been let down so many times that it's hard to see that there is anyone good out there anymore (in life and politics).

OK, not so to get ya'll down, but that's what I'm thinking up here in Blue, Blue Minnesota- I hope Blue is going to mean more of a reflection of the country's tide and not my state of mind!

2 comments:

Lisa Zahn said...

I'm with ya there! Keepin' my fingers crossed...

Abra La Mente said...

I am very nervous about the upcoming election...after the last two, who wouldn't be? I am sure hoping we can wake up Wednesday morning with a sunny outlook.