Monday, August 18, 2008

The Wellstone Dinner 2008













We were honored to attend the Wellstone Dinner at the St. Cloud Civic Center last evening.
And, Chris was double honored to help entertain the crowd with Mike Sharp. Chris sang the Mason Jennings song The Ballad of Paul and Sheila. A hard one to listen to, no doubt. I captured some photos. The boys really wanted Al's autograph- I didn't feel that would be "kosher" (friend Corrine said Al was super nice and won't mind, but I refrained from approaching him in the end).

























Al Franken was a guest speaker at the Wellstone Dinner.




















Corrine (Salk) Jacobs and Rob Jacobs.
Rob is running for MN state rep for the area mostly east of us.
Corrine grew up in my hometown and I worked with her many years at the St. Cloud Hospital. She's super sweet, funny and breeds bengal cats. She and I have a lot in common: She grew up on Main street. I grew up on Main street. She is from a huge family (12 kids). I'm from a huge family (13 kids). Her dad was working all hours of the day and weekend -our town doctor. My dad worked all hours of the day and weekend-refrigeration repair man, especially farmer's bulk tanks, when they need fixing, it's dire or the milk will spoil. Her mom pretty much stayed home, didn't drive (as far as I know) and raised kids. My mom stayed home, didn't drive and raised kids. She was friends with my sister Ann and of course I'm really close to my sister Ann. On top of that, there are many of her siblings and my siblings that share the same names- there were only so many good, Catholic names available for our parents in the 50's & 60's apparently! LOL Also, like many of the kids around town back in the day, we families with lots of kids pretty much had the run of the town. Those were good days!

Klobe ( sounds like, but not really like... Kobe)
When Doug Clark was asked to introduce Senator Klobuchar (in Tarryl's absence), he asked his sons what he might say. Son #2 who does a lot of phone banking for the CentralMN-DFL asked if he might convince "Klobe" to come down to the district office and help with phone calls!
Klobe? I think I like it!

No comments: