Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Happy Boxing Day!

A terrific Boxing Day To All!

What a lazy day here...napped two times, LOL!



We had a pretty uneventful Christmas, which is good. I guess, I mean, I should say- we didn't have to travel far and go through tons of gifts. It was a rather peaceful Christmas Eve. We finished some decorating, watched a Christmas story and we all plopped down into bed about 9:30pm to watch the yule log burn on KSTC-45 out of Minneapolis. Ah! What loveliness.

This is now about the 3rd year in a row that we have done this. A constant fire is burning on the screen, pretty decent Christmas music is constantly streaming. Some great B3 organ was on one and some vibe on another. Lou Rawls and other classics singing. Not half bad I must say. And, another super cool feature, somebody behind the camera reaches in and adds another log and gives it a poke with a fire poker once and a while. All that's missing is the mess and smell. Got the smell covered. Chris once bought a little log-house incense burner and pine log incense. "What the heck" I said, "why would you want that?" Well, now we have a terrific use for it! We burn our little cabin, watch the fire and relax. I read aloud some Christmas traditions and history. Everyone was crashed out by 10:30pm!! Santa came some time after that. He left some great gifts.



Got Christmas cards made at Walmart (Grrr) on Christmas Eve. As much as I hate Walmart, I took my sister Mary's info and inspiration and submitted online an order at 12:42pm Monday. I went to pick them up a little after 2pm on the same day! 50 cards/50 envelopes $.40 each. I had to pay $4.00 extra for 1 hour service. Small price to pay for convience. This is the first thing that I've been impressed with from Walmart; I think ever!











It was a busy week with Chris brewing everyday and preparing to get his beers on tap before New Year's Eve. Since the beers could not be brewed in time for Thanksgiving or even Christmas, he at least wants to get them on for New Year's Eve. I look forward to getting some things done around here this week. I didn't get much baking done, kind of not inspired this week. I guess that was catching. Hardly anyone in my family baked like usual. Hardly anyone got their cards out. The ones that are always on the ball, weren't. But, ya know what? It was a pretty relaxed Christmas all and all. Everyone was in good spirits, the kids generally happy. We didn't go caroling as usual. The first time in many years. Our fearless ring-leader Diane was out in Lake Tahoe for Christmas and without her, I guess we just aren't as inspired.

Well, Dad was out late fishing, so supper wasn't until after 7pm! But it was just as well, we all had a good time visiting. Ann, Gary and family were having trouble getting through the Cities because of the snow. So, it was good that supper was late. They were in Rochester awaiting the arrival of the newest grandbaby due on Christmas Day. No baby yet as I type this.

No comments: