Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Wow!

Looks like WE did it!

I'll let the pundits, political scientists and entertainermedia give the schpiel, the spin, the political forecast and fashion forecast for the White House.

All I'll give you is what I saw personally on the streets. Personally from what I read. Personally from what I feel at this moment.

Everyone came together.


I canvased for the DFL a bit the other day and not in what I would call a typical liberal stronghold of St. Cloud. My hope was reignited as I talked with our older folks that were home. WWII vets. Housewives. Grandmas and Grandpas. Great-Grandmas and Grandpas. They wanted a change for their children and grandchildren. They've seen it all. They've lived through the depression. They know the sadness that can take over a country not looked after. Not cared for. Not united.

My Hope has seen the light of reality.

A sigh of relief before the work begins.

A GOOD day in my house! In my Minnesota! In my United States of America!

3 comments:

Abra La Mente said...

We Did It!! Yes!!! Still pinching myself, and I do feel compassion for those that are struggling that their candidate lost, as I sure as heck remember how much that sucked over the last 8 years. I have the highest hopes that we will move forward, united. It will not happen overnight, but this historic election seems to be the turning point we need.

Jen said...

Ruth, thanks for doing canvassing on the part of the DFL... I was too chicken to do the door-to-door thing. One of these years I just need to get the heck over it, and do it... until then, thanks for your hard work!

grousy said...

Hey Jen, I only did it for about 4 hours and would have done more once I started, but work was calling me. And, as we all know a $buck$ is a needed $buck$ these days! Once I started, it wasn't bad at all (of course these were all projected DFL houses). I only had one door slam in my face!!