Thursday, April 24, 2008

Oh, I do have good karma!!



Do you want to touch me? OK, no? No it is.


WELL- I do have good karma!
I won 6 tickets to the folk fest!



I won 6 tickets to the Winnipeg Folk Fest just for calling up KVSC and asking them to put my name in the drawing.

Earlier in the day our neighbor Greg called and said that they were doing the drawing that night. Every pledge drive they give away groovy things, but this is a big one. Usually every day they do a drawing at 10pm for everyone that calls and wants to get into the drawing- pledging or not! So, I forgot about it and was going upstairs to read to Grammy when I remembered that I wanted to move the cars off the street for the night. I told Grammy I'd be right back and went out to move cars. While driving around the block to get into the back alley, KVSC was on and I remembered that they were doing the drawing. So, when I got in I asked Chris if he had called (I figured it would be greedy for us both to call). No, he hadn't. So I gave it a shot, even though it was about 9:20pm or so. I thought about calling my sister Mary and telling her to call in too. But, I didn't and in the end I was the winner! And, now Mary gets to go with anyway! :) They called me Ruth Lamb- of course! I called Lisa and Greg right away to rub it in (and offer up two tickets for them for sure) even though it was already after 10pm and they are in bed by that time.

I should list all the goodies I've won over the years. Ah, maybe later! I do win a lot and I have a big belly like Buddha. Perhaps rubbing it would bring you good karma? Oh, and I did send out one of the "lucky lotto" chain email letters yesterday. Ya know the type. Send this to 6 friends in 5 minutes, yada, yada, yada! Thanks Donna- I guess that did it!

1 comment:

Donna said...

LOL at least it did some good for someone! (I'm still waiting)