Sunday, January 13, 2008

Oh, my aching back!






It's been over a week since my back went out. Friday January 4th I was having a little coughing fit (getting over that icky-sicky thing that has been going on around here) and "pop"- my back goes out. So, I guess it really isn't defined as "going out" but something snapped. If you've ever had this, you'll know what I'm talking about. It sounded/felt just like a "pop" inside, on my lower left side. Now, I've been dealing with a herniated disc that has bothered my right leg nerves and stressing all the way up my right glute for about 2 years. Since September I've been going to the chiro and she's done wonders for me. My regular doc (whom I love, he's great with all of us) was leaning towards me seeing a surgeon. ACK! I don't want surgery! I'm glad I went to see the chiro for that- she's been great.


I went to the chiropractor on Monday- way too long to wait, should have tried to get in Friday. However, I didn't know it would progress to the point where I couldn't get out of bed!

I took a few of Chris' left over Flexeril last weekend- man, I was useless! I also saw my FP and he said he'd write a script for me so I could "get my own Flexeril"- ha-ha! I also got some Darvocet-N.

By Thursday I was much better, but it still aches and I'm fearful that I'm going to turn the wrong way and "pop" it again.

Since this happened to me, I've had several people say that they or somebody that they know has done the same thing or cracked a rib just coughing, sneezing or what have you. Wow- something so seemingly small and I'm all put out!

So, for me the lesson is I need to get on my exercise ball and keep myself flexible :)

No comments: