Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Little Blessings

I came across this picture and note in my emails (from over 2 years ago, I really need to clean out the files). But, this is why I save stuff I guess. The email was from my sister Mary and it was entitled "Little Blessings".






















"Just wanted to let you know that I was thinking of you this morning. Though are lives are sometimes complicated and frustrating, it helps to find peace in the little blessings of the day--like a freshly peeled orange, fresh brewed coffee, the warm winter sun, chocolate covered booger kisses, good music, the love of a sister...etc.....
Hope things start to look up for you soon---follow your heart--you were meant for Something More! (another good book to read). I'll bring it along with Simple Abundance(by the same author) on Sunday. Hope to catch up with you at Mom's.
Peace,
Mary"


I was going through some tough times, a mid-life crisis of sorts. Coming up on 15years at the St. Cloud Hospital pharmacy (20+ years in pharmacy life) and not happy, fulfilled or monetarily benefiting from it either, really. Mary, always the optimist and looking out for the soul, spirituality and mentality of others sent me this simple and precious, yet poignant photo that she had taken before her morning breakfast.

Within 3 months I was hired at the Great River Regional Library and on my way to a new career and happier times!

1 comment:

Abra La Mente said...

Oh, for the wisdom of Mary. I need to remember those thoughts in my own tumultuous days.